May is the month where we strive to make it known that mental health is just as important as physical health. In fact, they are one in the same!
While this blog is about helping you market your private practice, that is simple a means to an end. Our mission is to change the world. I hope your mission is to change the world as well.
Sometimes, what is good for the world, is also great for your business. How awesome is that? Here are some ways you can support the #endthestigma campaign, get expert information out to your community, and build your business. I'm going to cover 16 quick ways you can help during Mental Health Awareness Month. What if the 10,000 therapists we have contact with every month each did just one of these things? Could that make a difference?
- Go onto to www.bufferapp.com load in your personal Facebook, business Facebook page, twitter, or LinkedIn. I don't care which one. Use the free version and post 10 messages about mental health to drip out.
- Write a blog, note, letter, or article about mental health awareness and why you are passionate about it. Post it on your business website.
- Send a blog, note, letter, or article to your personal connections and let them know how important this is and ask them to share the article with their contacts.
- Share your blog, note, letter, or article on BufferApp or just on your Facebook wall. Ask people to share it.
- Share your blog, note, letter, or article with your local colleagues or local professional association.
- Record a video talking about mental health awareness month at least 60 seconds describing why you are passionate about mental health and share it with at least one person.
- Share that video above on your business blog.
- Share that video above with your local colleagues.
- Send a message to your LinkedIn connections telling them why you are so passionate about mental health awareness month.
- Get crazy and use hashtags like #endthestigma #therapyrocks or #mentalhealthawarenessweek to connect with other passionate people like yourself on social media.
- Invite someone out to coffee and talk to them about Mental Health Awareness Month and why it is so important.
- Go to the I Have a Therapist website and post a picture saying you support therapy, or you have a therapist.
- Go and speak to a local group, a church, a business, etc. about anything related to treating, avoiding, or caring for mental health.
- Do something for your own mental health and then post it on social media and tell people you did it in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month!
- Pin this post to Pinterest.
- Do something completely different and post it in the comments below.
Let's normalize having a therapist or guide to be mentally healthy. Let's support people with and without severe mental illness to lead healthy, happy lives! Share this post with friends, colleagues, or business contacts so they can get in on the action!