Facebook Tips for Marketing a Therapy Practice

I wanted to give you some quick tips on how to use facebook as a private practice owner. 

  • When you create a business facebook page, fix your privacy settings so you can post from your personal page, but it looks like your business. It keeps your personal account private and makes your business page easy to access from your personal account.

  • If there are other therapists or referral resources you want to network with, contact them through your business page by posting on the wall of their business page or by sending them a private message on their page.

  • When networking with others on facebook - get to know the person. Sending a message "Hey I liked your page, please like mine" doesn't mean much. In fact it feels as though all you care about is how many likes you have. We always want you to pursue quality over quantity when it comes to likes.

  • Evaluate your goals for facebook. Facebook is a great place to build relationships, tell your story, share information and provide support to others.

  • Facebook is great when you have a sales funnel. For example - your facebook ad or post links to a free offer on your site and that free offer connects to a consult. Facebook might be the first place you get introduced to your next client or referral resource.

  • Paid traffic is easier than free. It's true that facebook would rather you pay them to get your posts noticed. Only pay for posts that are part of your sales funnel.

  • If you want to do paid traffic and have a funnel, start off slow and test your targeting before you dump a lot of money into it.

  • Look at your timeline for your business page - is it visually appealing? Use things like canva.com or integrate your instagram account to add visuals to your timeline. People are more attracted to and process images more easily than text.

  • Share relevant content and support your colleagues. We are all in this together and if someone else has something that is great for your audience - share!

  • Follow the 80/20 rule - 20 percent should be straight clear call to actions, the other 80 percent should be you connecting to your clients pain and offering value and support.