I know- most therapists will tell you the thing they like the LEAST about launching a private practice is the marketing portion. However, I have found over and over again- that is only because they don't know how!
Once you teach a therapist how to market their private practice, and see how it impacts their community- they LOVE it! Here is why:
- Therapists love marketing their private practice because they want to help individual people. Once the phone starts ringing and they get to do what they love- it all just clicks!
- Therapists love private practice marketing because it allows them to educate their communities- we HATE seeing misinformation out there. We LOVE to share the right stuff!
- Counselors love to provide access to resources. We are trained to give out phone numbers and resource lists, and great articles. The idea that we can make an online filing cabinet accessible to the whole world with awesome information- gets us jumping for joy!
- As helpers and healers, we LOVE to empathize with people. The truth is, being an amazing, empathetic person (and translating that into blogs, videos, or other mediums) is fun for us. We may be nervous about how to do that outside of the traditional therapy couch- but once you teach us- we FALL. IN. LOVE!
- Therapists adore letting people know that they aren't alone and that there is help available. We are happy to let people know that we can help them, or even direct them to someone else. As long as someone is getting healed- we are happy!
- Therapists love to normalize the struggles we go through. Sometimes just knowing that someone else has had the same thoughts and feelings is so validating and calming for people. Therapists love to see that realization come over a client's face.
The truth is, very few people go into the field of psychology, counseling, or social work because they want to make boatloads of money. They enter because it is their calling, their passion, their purpose. In fact, many of them went into the field thinking they would never make money.
Thankfully, any awesome therapist can make a great income doing what they love. Private practice marketing is so amazing because it allows us to do what we love- heal, AND to get paid to do it.
What about you? Share the top reason why you love (or hate) marketing your private practice. Want some help getting your private practice business plan and marketing straight? Take the free private practice analysis quiz and sign-up for a free 1:1 private practice analysis after the quiz.