Launching and maintaining a therapy private practice can be a bit overwhelming. There are many ways to market your practice, and different things work for different practices. So, some times you may feel like you are spinning around doing a lot of different things and not sure what actually works.
Today, we want to give you a brief overview to the broad steps to marketing your private practice. There are different ways to accomplish each of these steps (both offline and online)- but each is integral to building a thriving, and profitable private practice.
- Create a message. Put what you do into words that both your colleagues and potential clients can understand.
- Create a path. Make it clear what you want your potential client or colleague to do. Invite them to take an easy, next step that benefits them like chatting on the phone, watching an amazing video, etc.
- Focus on relationships. Most people won't connect on the first view or contact (both colleagues and potential clients). Find a way to connect initially, stay in touch, and build relationships.
- Get your message out. About 1-2% of people who see a GREAT message will respond. That means you need about 100 people to hear or see your message before you will get 1 contact. Want 10 calls per week? Do the math.
- Track it. Whether it is a post-it note, or Google Analytics, have a way to track what is working and what isn't.
- Tweak it. Tweak your message until you are getting 1-2% of people responding to your message. You have to track it to tweak it!
- Get paid. If you get phone calls but don't know how to schedule at your stated fee, you will be spinning your wheels. Develop an effective process for initial phone calls.
- Create change. If you schedule but aren't effective in your therapy work- even if it is because your client isn't doing the work. Learn how to create change in your clients, or weed out people who aren't ready for change.
We want to know- what steps are you focusing on this week? What are your questions? Post them below!
Are you a visual person? We commissioned an infographic on Fivver.com and they converted this list into a little cheat sheet you can download, print, or share online. Can you see how this might help you get your message out into the world?
Do you ever wish there was a guide just for you?
Do you want some hand-holding through implementing each and every one of these steps? Someone to look at what you've written and give you expert feedback? Someone to look at your website and give you tangible feedback of what to tweak to make it more inviting? Someone to help you get confident about the financial planning of your business and get clear about how to reach your financial goals? We do all this and more in our lifetime access Business School Bootcamp for Therapists. Click here to learn more and set-up a free interview today with Kelly or Miranda.