I can't count the amount of therapists who know they need a website, and want to find someone do it for them... for about $300... Do you really know someone who can write a book you would want to put your name to? Check out our article about why getting a website is like writing a book.
I thought I would put my thoughts into a fun Top 10:
- You need to understand what a website is- and sometimes doing is the best way.
- You don't know what you don't know- building your own website gives you the ability to actually understand how they work and better advocate for yourself.
- As a therapist, your voice is the most important part of your website. A geeky web designer, or your kid can't convey your voice- can they?
- You need to get over your technophobia!
- A good website needs to be dynamic- and be updated regularly- if you built it- you can understand it.
- If you have the right platform- it really isn't that hard! (I know you don't believe me- but seriously!)
- Aren't you tired of playing phone/email tag with your web person when you need to make a change?
- You can learn about fun stuff like sending an email to post a blog- seriously- a blog can be as quick as sending an email!
- Building a website will force you to further define your practice and may improve your confidence and your services to prospective and current clients.
- You have a chance to streamline processes that are taking too much time and driving you nuts!
What do you think? What are the top reasons why you think you would like to build your own website? Or, better yet, what are the top reasons that keep you stuck thinking you CAN"T build your own site?
Ready to take the plunge? Check out our website in 30 days package and build your counseling website in just 30 days!