Social Media doesn’t have to be complicated, it can be fun. Here are 16 quick tips to help you create your social media posts for your counseling practice.
- Put your website on your images so people can trace the post back to you.
- Use images that you have permission to use. We have a Pinterest board with a list of places to get free images.
- Include your authentic healing message in your posts
- Follow the 80/20 rule and seek to serve. 80% of your posts are for the direct benefit of your reader and only 20% should be about you, and those posts should still have a purpose of connection.
- Use image tools like WordSwag, Share As Image, and Canva to create quick and simple imagery.
- Use quotes to inspire and don’t be afraid to quote yourself!
- Use a color pallette for branding. You can pick one out at design seeds.
- Keep images simple and easy to read.
- Have fun! Post inspiration, facts, thoughts and information that gives the reader something to sink their teeth into.
- Initiate conversations. Ask a question!
- Encourage people to share.
- Use tools like Buffer or Hootesuite to manage all your posts.
- Use quick videos from your smart phone to increase engagement.
- Always be of service.
- Share others content if it will help your audience and support your local businesses.
- Stop by and say hello on other people’s pages or accounts. Thank them for what they are doing and build a relationship with them.
- Mix it up! Use imagery, video and text to get your message out to the world.
What tips do you want to add? Check out this free training on how to tell a story through social media and blogging.